● Short bio: Gutiérrez-delaFuente Arquitectos office was founded in 2006 in Madrid by Natalia Gutiérrez and Julio de la Fuente. The founders studied Architecture at ETSAM (Madrid School of Architecture), and continued their training in Madrid, and Ateliers Jean Nouvel in Paris.
Natalia was Member of the Young Architects Committee (2013), and the Ethics Committee (2010-2012) in the Professional Association of Architects in Madrid COAM.
Julio was Member of the National Jury in the international competition Europan 12 Germany and Poland (Foreing Member of the German and Polish Jury 2013), and member of the Jury in Europan 14 Spain (2017). Now, he is Member of the Europan Europe Technical Committee (2013-).
Portrait by ©Davide Curatola.
● International: Gutiérrez-delaFuente is an Architecture and Urbanism office with international scope, offering as its main asset: architectural innovation, creativity and solutions for complex urban situations, high quality construction, and contextualization of all works within their specific physical, economic and cultural location. At present, they are developing urban design plans and building several projects in Spain, Germany and Belgium. They had the honor to be the curators of the pavilion of Spain and Madrid in the Seoul Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism 2019.
G-dlF was featured by the well-known Spanish architecture magazine Arquitectura Viva as one of the eight most representative young Spanish offices working abroad.
● Works: Gutiérrez-delaFuente has won prizes in numerous national and international Architecture & Urbanism competitions, including two in Europan 09 (Asturias, Spain and Selb, Germany), Europan 10 (Forchheim, Germany), Europan 11 (Linz, Austria), IQ Wohnquartiere Subsidized Housing in Selb (Germany), the Multipurpose Centre Valle de Salazar in Navarra (Spain), the main Public Space & Sports Facility in Morentin (Spain), the Metro de Madrid Headquarters Campus (nZEB) in Madrid (Spain), or shortlisted in the international competition for the design of the Low Line London, or recently the urban regeneration of a block in Marollen, Brussels (Belgium) and a New Secondary School of Kemnath (Germany). They are developing an ambitious mixed use complex in Böblingen (Germany), including a timber construction tower, as part of the IBA 2027 Stuttgart. Part of these works are completed or in progress. Special reference to the urban regeneration plan for the inner city of Selb, successfully completed in the year 2016 (Europan 9 Selb Implementation). Also, G-dlF has designed the refurbishment project of the listed and emblematic Ateneo de Madrid building, an investment of the Ministry of Public Works of Spain.
● Awards: their completed works have received international awards, highlighting the Bauwelt Preis 2013, the Luis. M. Mansilla COAM Award 2013, the NAN Award 2013 or the Finalist at XII BEAU (Spanish Biennial).
● Media: the office have been published in numerous magazines (A+U, Bauwelt, AV, A10, DAMDI, ON Diseño, among others), exhibited internationally, as well as having several models exhibited in The Architectural Gallery of the Spanish magazine El Croquis.